When protecting your home from hurricanes, installing hurricane-impact windows is one of the best investments you can make. Not only do these windows provide superior protection from high winds and flying debris, but they can also help improve your home’s energy efficiency.
Hurricane impact windows are designed to withstand the high winds and flying debris that can cause severe damage to your home during a hurricane. They can also resist water intrusion, so you can be sure that your home will be protected from the elements even if the windows are broken.
There are many benefits to installing hurricane-impact windows in your home:
- Protection from high winds and flying debris: Hurricane impact windows can withstand wind speeds of up to 200 mph, making them one of the best ways to protect your home from severe weather damage.
- Resistance to water intrusion: Most hurricane-impact windows are tested to resist water intrusion, so you can be sure that your home will be dry even if the windows are broken.
- Improved security: Hurricane impact windows are much more difficult to break than standard windows, making your home more secure against intruders.
- Increased energy efficiency: Many hurricane-impact windows are also energy-efficient, so you can save money on your energy bills while protecting your home from the elements.
If you live in an area prone to hurricanes, installing hurricane-impact windows is a wise investment for the safety and security of your home.
What to Look For When Buying Hurricane-Impact Windows
If you’re in the market for hurricane-impact windows, there are a few factors you’ll need to consider to make the best decision for your home. Here are a few of the most important things to keep in mind:
1. The size of the window: The first thing you’ll need to consider is the size. Make sure to measure the window’s opening so that you know what size window to purchase.
2. The type of glass: There are two main types of glass used in hurricane impact windows: laminated glass and tempered glass. Laminated glass is made by bonding two or more layers of glass together with a layer of plastic in between. That makes the glass more resistant to shattering. Tempered glass, on the other hand, is a single piece of glass that has been heat-treated to make it stronger.
3. The frame material: The window frame is just as important as the glass. The most common materials used for frames are aluminum and vinyl. Aluminum is a strong material that is resistant to corrosion. Vinyl is a less expensive option that is also resistant to corrosion.
4. The installation: When it comes to installation, you have two options: you can either do it yourself or hire a professional. If you choose to do it yourself, ensure you have the necessary tools and know-how. If you hire a professional, choose a reputable company with experience installing hurricane-impact windows.
5. The warranty: Last but not least, you’ll want to ensure the hurricane-impact windows you purchase come with a warranty. This will protect you in case anything goes wrong with the windows after they’re installed.
Keep these factors in mind when shopping for hurricane-impact windows, and you’ll be sure to find the perfect windows for your home.
Investing in quality hurricane-impact windows is an excellent option if you’re looking for a way to protect your home from hurricanes. These windows are designed to withstand high winds and flying debris, keeping your home safe and dry. They’re also a great way to improve your home’s energy efficiency since they help keep out drafts and keep cool air in during the summer.
Add hurricane shades for your lanai enclosure! At Precision Aluminum & Remodeling, we specialize in creating beautiful and functional aluminum lanai enclosures and storm shutters. Our experienced team will work closely with you to design and install a custom solution that perfectly meets your needs and enhances your home’s curb appeal. Contact us today to learn more about our services and get started on your project!